The ‘www.Skillz4life.com’ web site (hereinafter, the “Site“) is owned and operated by Alovi & Co (“Alovi & Co” or “Company” or “us” or “we” or “our“). The Company takes the privacy of its customers seriously. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein will have the meaning attributed to it under the Terms and Conditions.
- What information Skillz4life gathers from users of the Site.
- How Skillz4life uses the personal information that you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship.
- How Skillz4life uses “cookies” and “IP Addresses.”
- What personal information, if any, Skillz4life may share about you with others and the conditions that protect your information if it must be shared.
- What kind of security measures Skillz4life takes to protect your information from loss or disclosure and how Skillz4life will inform you in the event of a security breach.
- The circumstances under which you can access your personal information you have shared with Skillz4life and have that information corrected, restrict Skillz4life ‘s use of that information, and even have it removed from our records.
- Your Contact Preferences and Opt-Out Choices. +
Our Security Practices
You have choices when it comes to how Skillz4life uses your personal information. When you register online with our Site or sign-up, you can choose not to receive information about merchandise, services and special promotional offers from us by direct mail and/or electronically, including by email and text message. If you elect not to receive such product marketing information by direct mail or electronically, Skillz4life may continue to contact you as necessary to service your account and process your transactions. You can change your preferences by following the instructions for opting out at the end of the marketing email, or by following the instructions for Account Information on the Site or by contacting Customer Service at [email protected]
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important, in order for us to provide you with excellent service. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please follow the instructions for My Account on our Websites to correct or update your account information online, or you may contact Customer Service at [email protected]
You should be careful to maintain the secrecy of your passwords and/or account information and be responsible about protecting your personal information and identity whenever you are online.
Information that Skillz4life Collects
When you register an account on the Site, Skillz4life may collect the information that is personally identifiable such as names, addresses, e-mail address, phone number, personal URLs, photographs and credit card numbers (“Personal Information“).
In connection with employer reviews, work history information, and other content you may contribute, Skillz4life (and/or its third party service providers) will collect a wide variety of employee and salary-related information on a voluntary basis. Please be aware that while some pieces of information that you provide to us would not be sufficient to identify you when seen by another user without any context, the combination of different pieces of information that you have provided for viewing by other users, or any contextual information, may allow other users to identify you.
As you use the Services, certain information that is not Personal Information may also be collected passively, including your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, domain name, operating system and referring website. Skillz4life may also use “cookies”, “pixel tags” and other Tracking Technologies (defined hereinafter), to enable functionality on our websites, as well as a variety of other ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing.
Skillz4life also works with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications.
Skillz4life may periodically conduct surveys of visitors to our Site for internal research purposes that may include marketing. If you choose to respond to such surveys, we may ask you for some Personal Information and/or may contact you for more information, but only if you have given us permission to do so.
Skillz4life may also receive Personal Information about you from outside the Site, for instance, from third parties that provide services for us that are related to the Services. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Services.
One of the purposes of the Services is for Members to share content with other Users. Therefore, you should assume that any information that you post to the publicly available areas of the Sites will be made available to other Users of the Services and the public at large. We provide you the ability to anonymously post certain comments under a chosen username, in which case we will not include your contact information (i.e., email address) on the Sites in connection with such comments. However, our internal records may associate your contact information with such comments.
Site Usage Information
Skillz4life (including its third party service providers) may inactively collect from information from you that is not Personal Information. In addition to the information collected as described above, Skillz4life may also collect information about your browsing behaviour, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other click-stream data. This helps us assist you by allowing us to understand how visitors use our Site. This data also becomes part of your unique profile and allows us to make your browsing experience beneficial. We, or a third party designated by us (such as Google Analytics), may also collect information from your activities on the Site as well as other sites for the purpose of providing advertisements and other content that is customized to your interests and preferences. To accomplish all this, and also to allow us to offer our customers streamlined ordering and other useful features, we, as do many web sites, use and allow our third party advertising companies to use the technologies listed below and other similar technologies (the “Tracking Technologies“):
IP Address Tracking and Clickstream Data – In addition to cookies, pixel tags and clear GIFs, Skillz4life also automatically collects information about your server’s Internet address when you visit our Site. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or “IP Address”, is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you are on the Internet. When you view pages from our Site, our servers may “log” your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server also may record the page that linked you to us and related information including any ads you may have clicked on. Such information is known as “Clickstream Data”.
Email Interconnectivity – If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
In some cases, we may link the non-Personal information collected through the Tracking Technologies with certain of your Personal Information. WE WANT TO BE SURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ACCEPTING TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES ONTO YOUR COMPUTER IN NO WAY GIVES US ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER OR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU. YOU MAY SET YOUR WEB BROWSER SOFTWARE TO REJECT TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES, BUT, IF YOU DO SO, CERTAIN FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SITE MAY BE AFFECTED. Third parties (including, but not limited to, software vendors, advertisers and fulfilment companies) may also use Tracking Technologies by or through the Site. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT INFORMATION SUCH THIRD PARTIES TRACK OR COLLECT, AND HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY TRACKING, DATA COLLECTION OR OTHER ACTIVITIES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES
Mobile Device Identifiers
You may be visiting the Site from your mobile device. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such information if you access the Site through mobile devices. Some features of the Site may allow for the collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. Furthermore, some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider, we or our third-party service providers may receive this information.
General use of information
- The information Skillz4life collects in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. The information may also be used in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
- We may provide your Personal Information to our associates and to companies acting as our authorized agents or partners in providing our service or co-branded services to you and in connection with Information Usage. We screen and reasonably determine to be reputable any third party to whom we disclose such information and we require such third parties to agree to use the Personal Information only for such specified purposes. Each of our partners must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of your Personal Information in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. If we merge, or sell or otherwise transfer our assets, Site or operations, we may disclose or transfer your Personal Information in connection with such transaction.
- In the event Skillz4life goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, including pursuant to bankruptcy, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred.
- Skillz4life shall disclose information we maintain when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or to protect the rights, properties or safety of Skillz4life, our users or others. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
- We may (and you authorize us to) disclose or retain, for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish the below, information we have collected from and about you (including Personal Information) if we believe in good faith that such disclosure or retention is necessary to: [email protected]
- Comply with relevant laws or to respond to valid subpoenas or warrants served on us or to other government requests:
- To protect and defend the rights or property of us, the users of our Services, or third parties
- You can login to your account on our Websites if you want to review or change the information you provide to us. You may also contact us at [email protected]
Security of Your Information
Skillz4life uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt all of your Personal Information before it is transmitted to us so that it can be safeguarded as much as possible from being read or recorded as it travels over the Internet. You can tell you are sending information securely by the unbroken key icon or closed lock icon that appears at the bottom of your Internet browser’s window. These icons will appear when you are placing an order on our Site. In addition, you will see our Site address change slightly, from http: to https: indicating a secure server connection is being used. The computers that store your Personal Information are located in a separate facility which employs firewall and security technology. We employ these procedures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access.
You may be able to create an account on our Site with a username and password. We recommend you exercise extreme care in protecting your password information and do not publicly share any of your passwords. You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of the Site by you or another person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you.
ALTHOUGH WE WILL TAKE (AND REQUIRE OUR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS TO TAKE) REASONABLE SECURITY PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM AND STORED ON THE SITE, BECAUSE OF THE OPEN NATURE OF THE INTERNET, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED ON OUR SERVERS, TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM A USER, OR OTHERWISE IN OUR CARE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY SAFE FROM INTRUSION BY OTHERS, SUCH AS HACKERS. ACCORDINGLY, WE DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY THEFT OR LOSS OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DAMAGE TO, OR INTERCEPTION OF ANY DATA OR COMMUNICATIONS. BY USING THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ASSUME THESE RISKS.
Security of Your Information
- Skillz4life shall be solely responsible for the ensuring that all Sensitive Personal Information is collected, received, possessed, stored, dealt and handled in accordance with all applicable laws. Indian law requires all entities that collect, receive, possess, store, deal and handle personal information, including Sensitive Personal Information, to: [email protected]
- Obtain consent from all Users in writing through letter or Fax or email [or otherwise through any established electronic means] regarding purpose of usage before collection of such information.
- Not collect sensitive personal data or information unless (a) the information is collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Skillz4life or any person on its behalf; and (b) the collection of the sensitive personal data or information is considered necessary for that purpose.
- While collecting Sensitive Personal Information, take such reasonable steps to ensure that the User knows:
- The fact that the information is being collected
- The purpose for which the information is being collected
- The intended recipients of the information
- The name and address of the agency that is collecting the information; and the agency that will retain the information.
- Not retain that information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any law for the time being in force.
- Use such information for the purpose for which it has been collected.
- Permit the Users, as and when requested by them, to review the Sensitive Personal Information they have provided.
- Ensure that any personal information or Sensitive Personal Information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible.
- Prior to the collection of information, including Sensitive Personal Information, provide an option to User to not to provide the data or information sought to be collected.
- To provide each User, at any time, an option to withdraw its consent given earlier.
- To keep all such information secure.
Please note that disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information by one Party to another requires, by law, the prior permission from the provider of such information (such as Users), unless such disclosure has been agreed to in the contract between a Party and the User. Therefore, if Skillz4life is required to collect, receive, possess, store, deal or handle personal information (including any Sensitive Personal Information), Skillz4life shall ensure that each such User has consented to (a) Skillz4life’s collection, receipt, possession, storage, dealing or handling of all such personal information, and (b) Skillz4life’s transfer and disclosure of the of the same.
For the purposes of this document, “Sensitive Personal Information” means personal relating to any individual’s:(i) password; (ii) financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details; (iii) physical, physiological and mental health condition; (iv) sexual orientation; (v) medical records and history; (vi) Biometric information; (vii) any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to anybody corporate for providing any service; and any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise: provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under any law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information for the purposes of these rules.
Enforcement of Legal Obligations
The User acknowledges that Skillz4life may terminate the User’s account and remove the Content and other Network Data, as well as disable the User’s access to any and all Networks at any time for violations of this policy without notice and without any liability to the User. The User is solely responsible and liable for failure to comply with all applicable laws including privacy laws.
The User acknowledges that Skillz4life also reserves the right to remove, preserve, and disclose any information or Content or account it deems necessary or appropriate to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this policy, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, (d) respond to User support requests, (e) protect the rights, property, or safety of Skillz4life, its Users, and the general public, or (f) investigate or defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations.
Links to Third Party Sites
How to Opt-Out
If at any time you wish to stop receiving e-mail from us, you can always remove your name from our mailing list by sending an e-mail to [email protected] stating that you wish to unsubscribe and indicating in the subject line of the e-mail “NO E-MAIL”. Although we will promptly remove your name from our e-mail list upon receiving your request, it is possible that you may still receive e-mails from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed from our list.
If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us, you can always remove yourself from our mailing list by sending an e-mail to [email protected], indicating “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will promptly remove your name from our mailing list upon receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed from our list.
You may change your Personal Information (e.g. password and/or username) by logging into the Site and editing your account information. We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your Personal Information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
We may send you service-related announcements when we believe it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these announcements, which are not primarily promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your Account.
We may notify you when your Personal Information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
You may terminate your account by discontinuing your use of the Sites and providing us with a notice of termination by email to [email protected] After we receive this notice we will delete your account within a commercially reasonable amount of time, however, we reserve the right not to delete your Account and to retain your Account, including any Personal Information therein, to establish or defend a legal claim, pursuant to a government order or for other purposes permitted by law. Any termination of your account may involve deletion of your Account information from our live databases and all the information and data stored for such Account in the Services. Skillz4life will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your account or related deletion of you information.
If and when we delete Personal Information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives unless otherwise required by law.
While many current browsers permit you to send a signal to us about your Do Not Track (“DNT”) preferences, we do not respond to DNT signals sent from your browser.