Before we get to how to plan your work schedule.
You must understand why you should plan.
Imagine you are on a bus and the bus breaks down mid-journey.
Now you have half a journey to complete to reach your destination.
You have to be careful and plan on how you reach your destination.
Now just rewind and remember how you planned to complete this bus journey. Like carrying a blanket, water bottle, phone charger and all the other things required even after you reach your destination was planned right.
Planning a bus journey gives you the security and confidence to take that journey.
This is why we should plan.
To gain confidence and clarity.
When this unknown hurdle in mid-journey comes with a bus breakdown, you are at least prepared with your basic needs because you planned it way ahead.
In the same way, planning your work schedule gives you confidence and boosts your productivity.
Now when you have understood the importance of planning.
The logical next step is to start planning
- Sort out your priorities: You can use simple google sheets or the notes app on your phone. Write the most important tasks that need immediate attention. Write it in bold or in some colours to make it visible to your attention as you open your doc or file.
- Setting deadlines: You must add a date and time to complete each task. This will put you into discipline. This will also challenge your productivity and boost your efficiency at work. For example: work out at 5 am or project report on 5th September 4 pm.
- Planning Tools: Today writing a plan on paper is considered a task but it is the most effective one. The one device which does not leave any of us alone even in the bathroom is a fundamental tool to planning. Your phone could remind you about deadlines and tasks for each day to accomplish if you keep the record of all your plans in apps like Reminder, Google calendar or Google sheets and many apps. Use your phone with productive apps.
- Track and Revise: It is always good to track your scheduling. If you complete a task on time according to your planning then improvise to increase your productivity. If you are lacking to complete your tasks then revise your plan and create a new plan. It is okay if a plan fails but if you fail to plan then you get nowhere closer to your goals.
- Mindset: However you formulate your plans. If you don’t build a strong mindset to achieve it then it won’t be productive. If you want to put your plans into action you need to have an achievers mindset.
Planning and organizing are individual skills. Not everyone has it but it is an essential skill to success.
How much ever you plan it but if it lacks in organizing, there it drops the results.
Organizing means efficiency to handle emergencies. When you plan your day a certain way but there is an unexpected obstruction in your flow.
How would you handle such a crisis?
The way you put the show in case of emergencies is where your organizing skills prevail.
Every recruiter and organization lookout for organized employees, because it is a skill that survives any circumstance.
Read more about what does being organized mean https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/how-to-be-organized
Organizing is a habitual skill.
Most organized people do have certain specific habits which makes them an expert at accomplishing every situation.
These are the 5 habits you must do to be organized at work
- Prioritising: Always highlight the most important work to accomplish and plan your time and attention accordingly required by those tasks.
- Record Keeping: You must record important notes and information about specific projects. Develop a habit of writing it on your phone notes or voice notes.
- Multitasking: One must learn to multitask as most organised skills are assessed when there is an obstruction in your plan. You must know how to handle those unplanned meetings in your office.
- Professional and Personal Time management: Organised people don’t club work and personal space. They create adequate space to give focus to each task they are performing.
- Decision making: If you wish to be an organised employee then you must value decision making at the right moment. You cannot agree to attempt all the tasks. Decide on your priorities and plan your work schedule.
When you plan and organize your work schedule, the most important task to accomplish your goals is efficient communication.
You might achieve the habits of planning and organize with time, but expert communication is required for the delivery of your work.
It is because of a lack of impactful communication of their ideas and work.
The work is good on paper but the delivery and organizing of the work make a huge difference in the growth of your employment.
Skillz 4 life has designed an excellent communication program with professional expertise.
Skillz 4 Life aims to build the best communication & Leadership skills at the professional and personal levels.
Check the link below to know more about how we can help you
Start your Learning Journey now for a rapid start to your career development.